What is Core Studio?
Core Studio is dedicated to creating a fun and energizing environment that is a journey for the Mind. Body. and Core. We believe that great customer service, a beautiful and clean studio, state of the art equipment, and amazing trainers are key to creating the best fitness experience for our clients. Through our passion for health, fitness and service, we believe that each class can be transformed into an amazing experience each time and that health and fitness can be a way of life, not a luxury.
Where should I park?
PALO ALTO: there is plenty of free parking at Midtown Shopping Center. Core Studio is conveniently located by CVS Pharmacy and more.
SAN MATEO: the Laurelwood Shopping Center has plenty of free parking. We are located next to Gymboree, Mathnasium and more.
What should I bring (and not bring) to class?
- For safety and sanitary reasons, we REQUIRE EVERYONE to wear non-slip, tread socks during Core SPX, Core 30/30, Core Barre, and Core Barre + Cycle class.
- For Core Cycle or the cycling portion of Core 30/30 and Core Barre + Cycle – sneakers or SPD cycling shoes are worn during class. The pedals are interchangeable and can accomodate both types of shoes.
- Please bring your own hand towels at the studio as you will likely sweat!
- We have a water dispenser, but in order to save paper, we encourage students to bring their own water canister.
- Wear comfortable clothes you can easily move in, much like you would for a yoga class or the gym.
- Jewelry is NOT a good idea.
- No cell phones during classes. Let yourself have 50 minutes that is all about YOU!
- No strong perfumes as some students are allergic.
How long are classes?
All classes are either 50-minutes or 60-minutes and start right on time.
How do I schedule a group class?
We have an easy-to-use and extremely secure online booking system to assist you in reserving a class. You can login to our system via our website at www.corestudiospx.com. Simply create a user name and password, and use it to purchase and schedule your classes. All classes require advance sign-up so book your classes early or call us if you need any assistance – we’re here to help!
How do I schedule a private lesson?
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about our Private, Duet and Trio Sessions. Also, be sure to specify which location you prefer (i.e., San Mateo or Palo Alto). We’ll walk you through the rest!
How often should I take classes?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue, which requires rest in between classes. We recommend taking classes three times a week to maximize results as well as allowing your body proper recovery time, but depending on your own personal fitness level, you may need more or less time to recover — some students come as often as 5 to 7 times a week. The key is to listen to your body and to find what works best for you!
I’m ready to take my first class — should I start with a private lesson?
Unlike traditional pilates, the SPX Fitness workout does not require you to start with private sessions — all classes are designed to work in a group setting. Because clients have their own machine, clients can modify each exercise to suit his or her current fitness level. However, if you have back pain, painful joints or other medical conditions, it is recommended to take a private session first to assess your fitness level and limitations. If you are concerned, just give us a ring or send us a note and we will be glad to take care of you.
Reference our Policies for other important information.
Have other questions? Just call us at (650) 843-9765 or send us a note at email@example.com.